Department Of Social Development Province of KwaZulu-Natal
Our vision as the Department of Social Development Province of KwaZulu-Natal, is to "Enhance the quality of life through
an integrated system of Social Development Services".
The Department is committed to the promotion of developmental Social Welfare Services and community
development of people of KZN in partnership with stakeholders.
The Department has set out to ensure its distinctive position and aligned to awareness and affinity to
the department core mandatory functions through the following core values:
- People First- The people we serve come first.
- Service before Self- Meetimg and exceeding customer and employee expectation through caring and
higer standards of service excellence.
- Performance Driven-Implementation of well-defined strategy and clearly articulated corporate objectives
to meet the performance targets and to ensure social development.
- Self-Development-The proactive learning and development trageted to meet the challenging demands of
our jobs and holistic ethical and professional standards.
- Accountability and integrity-Taking ownership of both responsibility and following through, with a
commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Passion-We have a passion for the "social development".Work is deliverd with enthusiasm and desire
for excellent performance.Success is rewarded, recognised and celebrated in a fun and exciting manner in
our everyday interaction.
- Children & Families
- Older Persons
- HIV and AIDS infected and affected families
- People with disabilties